Holiday Marketing Tips for your Small Business!
With Christmas just around the corner every small business is looking for ways on how to optimize their marketing to cut through the holiday noise. In this article I am going to give you a few holiday marketing tips you can use for your small business.
If you are not already online, get going right now. You NEED to have an online presence for your business, no matter how big or small. I say this over and over – but if you are not active online, your business won’t exist in 8 years.
If you have a website wouldn’t it be awesome to give it a small makeover to let the holiday season reflect on your website?If you are not active online, your business won't exist in 8 years. Click To Tweet
Besides giving your website a overhaul, you should also be looking at your Social Media networks again – make them reflect the holiday season.
Are you posting holiday related content? If not, add that to your list as well!
Having your online presence up to date is very important if you want to stand out from your competition.
Let’s not forget about your products. They play a important rule in your business which makes them special enough to customize them. If you sell products online or in a local store, you should make them more appealing to the holiday season. If you really want to stand out, take it to the next level and customize your packaging. Another thing that is also nice to do, is changing up your shelves with Christmas print material and Christmas decorations.
If it’s in your budget you can create video campaigns.
Check out what some brands are doing this year:
Here are some more ideas:
- Create time-limited offers to encourage customers to buy now.
- Try direct-mail postcards with coupon codes to get customers to your website or store.
- Concentrate on marketing your niche products to a highly targeted audience.
- Print door hangers to distribute to targeted neighbourhoods. (Old school but you have no idea how effective it could be!)
- Give away branded holiday magnets to customers. They will think of you every time they open their refrigerator.
- Make sure all of your holiday marketing is measurable so you can track your return on investment and plan for an even more profitable campaign next year.
- Get your business online
- Give your site a makeover
- Update your social media accounts
- Post holiday related content
- Customzie your products
- Customize your packaging
- Customize your shelving
- Create a campaign
Do you have any other ideas? Let me know in the comments below, I’d love to hear them!